TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It won't turn back on with either the remote or the button…

Customer Question
It won't turn back...

It won't turn back on with either the remote or the button on the back. Could a button have been pushed on the remote that locked it out?

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Sorry for the disconnect. I don't know what happened. Anyway, yes, connected to a power strip. The red light on the bottom of the TV is on, so I assume it's receiving power.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

No, I'll try that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. Thank you.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/18/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Are you able to get the model number off the back of the tv? If not:
-when did you buy the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?