TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Nothing which is the problem. I cannot get my remote to

Customer Question
Nothing which is the...

Nothing which is the problem. I cannot get my remote to connect to the tv and yes, I just changed the batteries.

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Rlded40303A=RD

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

With the remote none I can manaully turn it on and off by pushing pad at back of tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I have it connected to my OPik remote from Telus. it did change channels but I acannot turn on or off with the telus remote. It has worked for two years until we moved 6 months ago. I tried to fix and now it says Please runChannel auto scan

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
model number is *****
12/18/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Lets try a quick test of the factory remote. Take the tv remote into a dim/dark room, and look at the infrared emitter at the front edge of the remote, as viewed through the DISPLAY (not the viewfinder) of a digital camera. A cell phone cam, web cam, security camera, etc will also work. Each time you press a button on the remote, you should see the emitter at the front light up, flash, or glow slightly. You may want to compare it to your telus remote to get an idea of what you're looking for.

Let me know what you find.

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 3 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Louie, Technician