TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Just purchased an LG 54 inch tv. I am hearing impaired and…

Customer Question
Just purchased an LG...

Just purchased an LG 54 inch tv. I am hearing impaired and want to attach Sennheirer wireless headset. The unit attaches to the tv via two ,one red and one white, RCA mini jacks. I cannot locate any way to attach the plunge to the tv.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 54?

It is a new unit

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Every thing works fine except no way to attach the headset unit

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 54? What happened right before this?

I have neve Benin able to attach the headset to the tv

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/18/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

The short answer is that you can't use those headphones with the tv directly. This is actually the case for all modern tvs. It can be done,but some additional equipment is required.

The reason for this is that all modern tv's are digital, and because of copyrights and digital rights management/copy protection, so tv's cannot have any analog outputs, which is what a headphone jack would be.

The way around this is to use the Digital Audio Out port on the back of the tv. This is a square type port with a little flap/door over it anda red light inside. You connect a fiber optical cable to it. You'll need to purchase a digital to analog converter: http://amzn.to/1VhPiQx . This will convert the optical connection to an analog stereo connection (red/white rca ports). To that,you can then connect rca cables to the base unit for a wireless headphone transmitter.

Best regards,

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.