TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Was told most likelt failure to light up screen etc was

Customer Question
Was told most likelt...

Was told most likelt failure to light up screen etc was likely due to electronic board issue and it was covered by aReCall. How to confirm that and then what

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Local TV service as serviced an installed box in same room used HDMI. Did not turn on.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No. Went to GoodWill first day with power but not signal it came on. Screen responded to off switch on side of set and every other switch. Next day came to buy it. Plugged in and not like it worked day before. They reduced price enough to take a chance. As it was solid state I doubted if it had a bump it would be hurt. and day before it had worked. No power surge likely.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

As said in string above TV technician supposed it was a problem in board, Then he said that was subject to recall. Does that mean the SamSung will replace the board?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/18/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you please tell me the brand and model number of the tv?

There is a whole string on my issue giving SamSung 40 in flat screen serial number, Version etc Please look at my string as I answered many questions already
Not gotten an answer to what costs are if phone used

I've sent a phone support offer at your request.