TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The memorex logo turns on but then the screen goes black. I…

Customer Question
The memorex logo turns...

The memorex logo turns on but then the screen goes black. I looked online and the person who solved it said if the red light on the powerboard is on that's fine but to manually switch 4 components but I don't know what those are.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Memorex TV?

Not right now. I took them out since I was looking into the back of it

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Nope!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I just bought a new universal power cord because this was a handmedown, and I'm guessing they just didn't want to try and fix it. So far that red light will go on in the back I just would like to know what to do next if possible (:

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/18/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Its the Memorex model: MLT3221

Thanks , give me a minute on that please .

I`m going to opt out here , this tv is too old and the parts are practically non available

Good luck