TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Turn on ford off takes a few seconds for pic to come on

Customer Question
Turn on ford off...

Turn on ford off takes a few seconds for pic to come on stays on goes back off. Yellow light flashes

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Mitsubishi 73" dip # wd73c9. 09 model

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes same problem. Yes menu works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Mitsubishi? What happened right before this?

Been doing four several mts . usually after you turn it on a few times it will stay on

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/18/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Let me know when you are ready.

Ok

Has the tv ever been serviced?

Any parts ever replaced?

No

What have you tried so far? Any reset or?

Just lamp replaced and I put a chip on it to get rid of the white dots

Oh, so the tv has been serviced and parts have been replaced.... Did you do all this work? or was it done by a repairman?

I did it
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Just to clarify, is the power light on TV flashing in yellow?

When it shuts off it flashes yellow

OK, flashing yellow light is an error code.

Is the lower back cover of TV still off of TV?

That's the reason for the yellow flashing light which is an error code that indicates lamp cover sensor switch is open.

Please find a switch near the lamp housing area, it would have a blue lever, press that switch manually and turn On TV power.

Does TV power turn On now?

Do you need any further assistance with this question?