TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The Direct tv box light is and is normally blue. The tv

Customer Question
The Direct tv box...

The Direct tv box light is amber and is normally blue. The tv picture has bad pixels overlapping

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Ive rebooted numerous times

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Not that I knbow of

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I have good internet connections

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/17/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Sounds like a bad DirecTv box!

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Let me know what happens.

Sounds like a bad DirecTv box!

Let me know what happens.