TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My 2009 KDL 40S-4100 TV has been great, but last night, the…

Customer Question
My 2009 KDL 40S-4100...

My 2009 KDL 40S-4100 TV has been great, but last night, the picture left me as well as some sound, Remote and manual buttons are non responsive, Input was set to TV, I can not even change it to HDML feed. Any Ideas

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

KDL-40S-4100

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

None, all buttons are unresponsive except ON/OFF

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/17/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please elaborate what you mean by "picture left me as well as some sound"? Some sound- meaning what exactly?

Also, are you saying that NO buttons on the original TV remote work to pull ANYTHING AT ALL on the screen?

I mean the picture is not there, I say some sound because, once or twice when I switched it back on, I had sound for 5 seconds, no the remote, and the replacement remote do not work for anything except to turn it on and off

Okay. I'm trying to figure out if you have a TV failure or a fault in your cable box. So you said a replacement remote- I'm not sure what remote that is. So you don't have the original TV remote??

I have two remotes, the original and one that I bought, both work just fine yesterday, both have good bateries, the tv is on AIR digital input, not cable
why did I just get a $31 charge to my credit card????? I just agreed to the $5.oo REFUNDABLE charge. What is up with this. Is this a scam.

I'm not privy to billing, you would use the site help pages for that info, I have to run out so will opt out now.