TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We are hooked to dish. I called them with the problem of one…

Customer Question
We are hooked to...

We are hooked to dish. I called them with the problem of one of our 3 TVs wont come in clear..its all static and an unclear picture. The support at dish was trying to get me to change the tv hooked to the receiver which is a Panasonic, and change it from channel 60 to 74 and it wouldn't stay there. They told me the problem is its set that way when the factory manufactured it. Can you please help me?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Which tv, the one hooked to the receiver? There is an HDMI cable but not the other.

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Was there a power outage recently?

No power outage lately. I turned off the tv that is messed up at night and when I got up in the morning and turned it on this is the way it was.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know for sure. My computer is in one room tho and the tv that is hooked to the receiver is in another. Can they contact me by phone instead?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/17/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Manufacturers certainly don't "set" a channel when they make a TV- that was very bizarre and misleading for DISH to say. Chances are the issue has nothing to do with that. What I need to know is the following:

1) IS this particular TV in question connected directly to the DISH box using an HDMI cable please?

2) Are you able to get the model number off of the back of the Panasonic?

Are you still with me here??

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the TV/Video or INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Let me know what happens.

The TV with the problems is not the one hooked to the receiver. The Panasonic is hooked to the receiver. The one with the problem is a Toshiba. I have the serial number from the Panasonic, it is LY91550700.
Nothing worked
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.