TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Aric, My Pioneer PDP-5010FD repeatedly blinks 11 times with…

Customer Question
Aric, hello. My...

Aric, hello. My Pioneer PDP-5010FD repeatedly blinks 11 times with the red light after being turned on. The screen comes up for about a second or so. The power supply shuts off in about 5 seconds after you press the power button with the blinking sequence I just mentioned.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your PDP-5010FD?

Made in 2007

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your PDP-5010FD? What happened right before this?

Moving

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
12/17/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Do you get 11 blinks then the light goes out and stays off? Or a constant pattern- 11 blinks, 11 blinks, etc.?

Aric, the pattern repeats. I replaced the power supply with no success, btw. When you plug the TV into power outlet, it has a steady red light on. Then a press of power button on a remote or the box itself, a brief splash on the screen, and the TV shuts off, getting into the blinking sequence. We moved and I had the TV wrapped on the floor for several months. Before it was working just fine. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. An 11 blink code is not a power supply failure (and also not a common code). Much more common is a 12 blink code. Just to make sure- you're for sure getting 11 blinks and not 12 blinks, correct?

Are you still with me here?

11 blinks it is. Also, I tried to disconnect the X and Y boards and the TV was coming on for about the same 5 seconds, but the blinking pattens were different-- 3 and 8 blinks respectively for Y and X boards. Also, when I disconnected power for the board that is connected to the screen with the wide flat white ribbons, the TV did not come on at all. Yes, also tried to disconnect the amplifier board power with no luck.
It seems Pioneer has X and Y board combined on the left side of the TV, looking from the back. But I am not too familiar with architecture in general
It seems that some sort of a power protection kicks in and it is not in response to the power load / short in the high-power circuits, otherwise the power supply would not shut down after 5 seconds when X and Y boards are powered off, I guess.
any word on my issue?
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 1 month ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Harry, I was about to contact customer service for a refund, but am happy to continue troubleshooting with you if you are available. Thanks.

As Aric mentioned, 11 is not a normal code error.

Unfortunately, this sounds like more of an issue that would require someone to come out and take a look locally. What is your zip code?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Harry, what do you mean by "not a normal code error"? What does the 11 times blinking error means to begin with? I want to understand the scope of the problem before deciding on the site visit. If the damage to TV is severe, I may choose to discard it instead. My zip code is 10025. Thanks.

Please call:

(###) ###-####/p>
Louie, Technician