TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv hdmi port does not recognize gogole chrome dvice. No…

Customer Question
My tv hdmi port...

My tv hdmi port does not recognize gogole chrome dvice

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Google?

No just nothng

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Same with roku and other devices

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Panasonic tv model TC P42XT50L
The ports worked before.
12/18/2017
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
HDMI cables can go bad. Esp. if they have been flexed much, and/or if they were made cheaply. They have many wires inside them, only one has to go bad for them to not be of much use any more.

Have you tried a different HDMI Cable from the Chrome device, to the HDMI port on the TV?

And also, have you set the TV to that HDMI port #, in the TV's MENU and settings? that may be necessary, and if not done it might be just what you need to get it working.

Lastly: if all the above has been done, and still with no good results, you may still need to consider whether the Chrome device is defective. If it is new, pack it up at that point, and return it for an exchange for another Chrome device of the same model or at least the same or better value and capabilities.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

I stilldid notget an answer that resolves my problemen. The cromecast works on other tv so so the roku
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago

If the HDMI port worked formerly with your Roku.... and your Chromecast... we could try a reset to factory settings on your Panasonic TV, but I suspect its HDMI port may simply have died, and in that case, would require repair to the Panasonic TV.

Would you like to try a factory settings reset on your Panasonic TV first?

Yess i think i have to go to Factory reset optioneel.
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 6 months ago

Go to MENU, on the remote, then

select Setup and press OK.

select System and press OK.

select Factory Default and press OK.

press < or > to select YES, and press OK. The TV will be reset to factory-issue values for its settings. Leave it alone for a few minutes, since this takes a little time, and attempt nothing until 5 minutes later, at least.

Thanks.