TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I reset my TV to channel 4 this is an old TV and

Customer Question
How do I reset...

How do I reset my TV to channel 4 this is an old TV and don't have remote anymore

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

I will have to check

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

I press on the left side and it goes through the channels, but it always stops on channel 3 and it has to be on 4

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It's a really old TV

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/17/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

No

No ??

If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those
They are optional and you can just ignore them if you don`t want it .

How can I reset my tv

You may not have to

What do you have connected that requires channel 4 , is it a cable box ?

Tv has to be on 4

Look at the back of the box and see if there is a selector switch that say 3 and 4 on either sides , switch it to 3 if there is one

All these box can be switched to either 3 or 4

Some have manual switches and others its done in their menu

No it does not

OK then i need some model numbers , the tv`s model number and some info on that box brand and model ?

I do not see a model number on the TV the cable is eight Xfinity cable are in G 100
Not 8 just xfinity Rng100

Thtas the number on the box ?

Doesn`t say for example PACE , motorola ,DTA etc. ?

OK just saw the rng number , give me a minute on this

Doesn`t say how to switch it to channel 3

Does your tv have audio/video inputs ?

I think so but I can’t get to it

Well , if you can`t give me the TV's model number where I could perhaps guide you through a channel search then you second best bet would be to use an audio/video cable which would give you a better picture anyway then look on your tv for a button called INPUT , press that and set it to that AV input

No more need for channel 4 then