TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

No video out from HDMI 1 on RX-A770 no mater what the

Customer Question
No video out from...

No video out from HDMI 1 on RX-A770 no mater what the source. If source connected direct to tv no problem,unit is one week old. Worked fine at first but friend tried to get tuner audio while watching a work out video from blue ray said she press a bunch of buttons on remote then lost video

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Sony Bravia Xbox 55810c

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

I think all of the tv but none of the receiver since it won’t input video to tv. I tried to reset default settings didn’t work

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
I worded the question wrong,should have been HDMI out arc not HDMI 1
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Sony Bravia xbr not Xbox
12/17/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If a reset did not help then the problem input has a hardware fault, and the input board inside the TV will need to be replaced to get it working again.

--------------------

Happy Holidays!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------

I have difficulty with this answer since I have never this input before and it is the only one that is arc compatible.when I read your answer I ran HDMI cable from my cable box to the HDMI input of tv # 4 which is arc input and had no problems as is the same result as HDMI input # 1. I will try running HDMI from cable box to receiver and then another to a cable input than HDMI #4. If is successful then maybe something is wrong with HDMI #4 arc input. But if it fails it seems to me that something is wrong with the HDMI output of the RX-a770

Ok, let me know how you make out.

Pete.

I will not call you I have already been charged $36 and was supposed to get a one month trial for free what’s with this.?

I am user of this site just like you, so I don't have any insight into your account or billing.

You can also ignore any automated offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site.

Last night l left the tv input from cable box derect to HDMI 4 input arc. Before it was to HDMI 1 as it has been for years when used our 12 year old Onkyo-tx-sr603x which died recently. This morning I hooked up the cable box to HDMI 2 which was where it was before we lost video. Then I took the HDMI cable from the input of tv,still HDMI 4 and conected to HDMI out of RX-V-a770 and turned on tv. Got tv audio and no video with the HDMI 4 arc input on and with same message no video check input. I was now going to hook up to HDMI 1 of tv to see if something was wrong with HDMI 4 arc but that didn’t make since because we watched tv all night with cable box connected to that input. Then a miracle I got the RX-770 on screen menue and was able to go to setup turn on HDMI control and arc set the correct input and everything was back to normal. We had one minor clich with receiver but it healed it self over why we lost video and the receivers menu which made impossible to fix is beyond me. We have had this problem since last Monday. Thank you for your continued concern, i would have liked to talk with but your site says it would charged me $26 for that and I’m still angry for $36 charge that was supposed to be a 1 month free trial.