TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My model no 32pfl 4909/f7 and when i set tv set top box here…

Customer Question
Yes my model no...

Yes my model no 32pfl 4909/f7 and when i set tv set top box here show me your soruce reseloution

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 32PFL?

2 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 32PFL? What happened right before this?

Thats fist time i fell tihs problem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/17/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Hellow
hi
Hello
you are heare

Hi

First thing to try here

Unplug the TV's and cable box (set top box) power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

Plug the cable box first by the way

Note that I don`t guarantee this as a fix but it has to be tried

Let me know how that goes

Ok
I have still same problem

The tv is connected HDMI is it ?

You could try another HDMI cable but I`m not sure that would do it

Oddly enough another cable box might just do it but it is possible that your tv at 6 or 7 years old is no longer capable of dealing with the HDCP (copyright protect scheme) standards

One thing that would fix that for sure and still give you a HD picture would be to use component (5 cables) Y-Pb-Pr connection , that does not deal with HDCP

If your cable box has those then try it , and if not then your cable company will have a box with those components out

Ok now change my hdmi cable and try it

OK and as I said ,there is a chance also that another cable box may just work with it

I change my cable & try it but same problem

Try the component cables , all you need are RCA cables if you don't have a ready set of component color coded cables , the color of the plugs doen`t matter , just make sure the input/outputs match at both ends

A set of red/white yellow composite and a set of stereo cables will give you the total of 5 cables

Again don`t go by the colors , just make sure they match at both ends

I have 3 cord comonponent cable

Those are composite , not component

You need 3 video cables Y-Pb-Pr then 2 for audio left/right

So if you have an extra stereo cable you are in business

If you connect composite alone you will not have a HD picture

I use this cable & here show no single this TV set top box have 1 port for jack

Not following you here , do you mean it has no component out ?

Hi

Hi ???

How are you doing with this , could not understand you last reply

this cable is av

Which cable ???

Does your cable box have those green //red/and blue video outs ?

Red white & yellow & set top box have 1 port for jack

That wont do then

You need a cable box that has component out and you know what ?

That new box will also have hdmi and it might just work again

Contact the cable company and tell them the cable box is defective or not compatible with your tv and they will replace it