TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We just bought an LG smart TV. The internal TV speakers only…

Customer Question
We just bought an...

We just bought an LG smart TV. The internal TV speakers only work with Netflix but not cable. When we do the sound test, it works though. Weird huh?

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Netflix?

Netflix works just fine, sound and everything. It's anything else (Xfinity) where we don't get sound.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Internet connection is great and fast. I can try unplugging but don't see how that would help considering Netflix works just fine? When I do the sound test in the TV's settings it plays fine too, but won't play anything through the internal speakers only when we're on cable.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it, thank you!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/17/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello
WelcomeSorry you are having trouble here, problems are likely to be cable box or the lead from cable box to TV,please begin by rebooting the box by unplugging the box from wallpower wait 5 mins replug back in again,do the same with the TV at the same time please,let me know if anything changesAnthony
That worked at first, but then when I played Netflix for about three minutes and toggled back to the TV, no sound again. Netflix has always worked, but for some reason, the live TV via Xfinity (and our Apple TV) doesn't. There's no apparent reason either -- sometimes it comes back just fine, other times it doesn't. Netflix has always worked though. Whenever I try to "sound test" on the sound settings when I'm toggled on live TV, it always works and says there are no sound issues.
The sound test is not a helpful tool I am afraid as its only checking the amp not signals ,does the set have the latest system firmware installed?
It does have the latest installed, just checked for updates and none found.