TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I need troubleshootimng help with a LG plasma tv model

Customer Question
I need troubleshootimng help...

I need troubleshootimng help with a LG plasma tv model 60PA5500-UA if you can help me i will send more info

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was manufactured in 2012 in mexico 60 inch plasma serial# *****

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes but if we get to that i will send more info

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/17/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 5 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What exactly is the problem you're having with your LG plasma?

I was given this TV I was told it was working but the antenna plug was broken off the tuner and it was making a high pitched noise. I ordered a new tuner but the new one from what I understand was for a European model but it was identical other than that so I found an adapter that converted it to regular coax cable and installed it. i turned it on and it powered up but acted like there was no antenna but the menu came up and i was able to go thru the functions. As i was trying to get a the tuner to receive after about 10 minutes there was a loud pop and the picture was gone and im not sure if there was ever sound. it would power up and the red light come on but no picture and i could smell thart something was hot. I opened it back up and checked my solder on the tuner and as far as i could tell was ok. I did notice on the zuse board there were two screws that looked as though they had been shorting or bad cintact they were mounting screws into the frame. other than that i don't know.I sent pictures did you get thgem
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Louie, Technician