TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Im out of warranty. can the dark spot in the upper left hand…

Customer Question
Im out of warranty...

Im out of warranty. can the dark spot in the upper left hand corner of my M80 be fixed

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Vizio M80 0 01 1-A3. over 2 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes and yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your M80? What happened right before this?

About a year now. started of small and just getting bigger. nothing happened previous

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
12/16/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather

various info .
If you seem to lose me refresh your browser (F5 key )
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Hello

HI

If you open the TV's own menu , does it show up normal (cover that spot)or is also affected by this ?

It is also affected

O.k then I`m afraid this is not good , please give me a minute to type this down

Ok

Thanks for waiting
This is a LCD/LED tv and i`m afraid that there is only one possible cause for a problem like this and that is a defective LCD panel .
Anytime you have horizontal lines , shadows(dark area) or blobs /spots etc. on a lcd tv and it shows no matter what is on the screen including the menu then it is a sure sign of a defective panel.
As a rule of thumb the LCD panel cost around 80% of the original cost of the tv and then it has to be stripped down and rebuilt around the new panel and then again that is if you can find a new panel.
When under warranty most companies will replace the tv , not the panel.
Sorry to say but this makes the tv practically un-repairable due to the high cost and again that is even if you could find a replacement panel

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news today but i`d rather tell you straight and spare you a waste of time and money

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and

submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post while it gets me paid for my time

helping you .

Any questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

.

Never mind my last reply , that was meant for another post but while I`m here I see that you haven`t rated my answer yet

IIs there anything else I can help you with here ?

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician