TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

No sound. Got into the diagnostic panel with

Customer Question
No sound. Got into...

No sound. Got into the diagnostic panel with Mute/Mute/MuteMenu but didn't see anything helpful. i've factory reset

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes, only have hdmi cable connect to a playstation

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Dish is supposed to connect via air, but that isn't working either.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing other than what i provided already

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
12/16/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

40e210u
no audio if just tv, playstation connected or headphones connected

OK, lets try easy thing first that might work

- Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

i've unplugged the tv and done a factory reset several times. i haven't waited 10 minutes though
the sound hasn't been working for over a week
i'll unplug it for 10 min and report back

OK, please take your time

same thing

Sorry to hear that, does the volume bar increase/ decrease when push volume button on TV remote?

OK, it seems sound processor chip on the mainboard of TV has got an internal fault and causing no sound and you would need to replace mainboard of the TV to fix the issue. Sorry for this news.

Please click the following link to view mainboard image and part number info to search/ google it to get price info if you have a plan to work on ti yourself...

http://www.shopjimmy.com/toshiba-75023541-main-board-for-40e210u.htm

i hope you have some other things to try

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.

I wish there were other things to try, the mainboard isn't supposed to be repaired on component level nor the spare components and detailed schematics is available to do that repair so the only option is to swap the defective circuit board/ mainboard for any trouble related to it.

Thanks

I've fixed another TV by replacing the capacitors on the board. Is there a way to just fix whatever is broken on the board rather than paying for the whole board?
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician