TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

No signal on Vizio tv. I’ve unplugged everything, I’ve

Customer Question
No signal on Vizio...

No signal on Vizio tv. I’ve unplugged everything, I’ve checked cords and I’ve checked input

Technician's Assistant: What Vizio model do you have? How old is it?

E 55 d 40

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

All inputs say this

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

Tv menu works

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Happened overnight. Watched last night

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/16/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The No Signal message can be caused by the TV's Input being changed, the HDMI cable failing, or Cable/SAT box needing to be rebooted.

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Let me know what happens.

I already did all of this

Then you either have a bad HDMI cable, a bad TV or bad cable box as I described above. So let's proceed:

1) Have you switched the HDMI cable?

2) Plug another HDMI source into the TV like a Blu Ray player- still no signal?

Let me know!

Ok hang on

Alright, standing by.

Ok I put Apple TV into input 2 and it works
maybe the HDMI cable. However this will take some time to change out. Possibly I need to go buy a new one. So is this by the hour?

Alright good. Now try using that same HDMI cable to the cable box- or was that the same HDMI cable already? Additionally, who is your cable provider and was this box working previously?

No this isn't by the hour. You paid the site a deposit for the question. I'm not paid anything until you rate me.

direct tv box I believe is working. I can hear it through my receiver. No it was the Apple TV hdmi

Then use that Apple HDMI (since you know it works) and plug it right into the DTV box, rules out the cable. Let me know!

I just changed the HDMI. It’s out. Still not working.

No ideas then. I'm opting out.

Ok I bypassed the receiver and hooked directly to the cable box and it works. Much be something with the receiver
I’ll call Best Buy. Receiver under warranty
Please don’t refer me further