TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Louie, I do;nt have sound on my TV and its not on Mute!

Customer Question
Hi Louie, I do;nt...

Hi Louie, I do;nt have sound on my TV and its not on Mute! help!!!

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

LG 49L 6300 - October 2015

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works but not sure what your other question is. I think I might have pressed a button on the remote accidentally which has turned the sound off. is that possible?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 49L? What happened right before this?

I was fiddling with the remote!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/16/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...LG 49L 6300..."

Initially, is the TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed?
Or is there a cable box or even a satellite receiver?
Or some other device? ...Internet connection?

No.
Its attached to a Foxtel box

How is the Foxtel box connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s)?

I don't know. If I knew that I would be fixing it myself!

Have you tried unplugging the TV for an extended period of time? ...likewise with the Foxtel box?

The idea is to simulate a soft RESET and dissipate residual power/

Actually I have just fixed the problem by turning it at the source and then turning it back on again. I trust I will not have to pay the fee and I will make a complaint if I am charged.

Great! Good to hear that the issue has been resolved, congratulations.

Will I be charged for this exchange?

Request for cancellation, refunds as well as billings & payments concerns are best addressed by Customer Support.

Thank you

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to exchange information.