TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

There is a message on the screen "ELIB is currently

There is a message...

There is a message on the screen "ELIB is currently unavailable, Please try again later"

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

I can not get off the screen! Model TC-P50S1 Serial # LE91940216

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I was attempting to program my new remote to control the Panasonic TV. When I inputed the four digit code "1021", the TV immediately went off and the ELIB message appeared.

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?

Panasonic 50" Plasma purchased at Best Buy in 2009. TC-P50S1

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV Menu works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Panasonic? What happened right before this?

Nothing I do removes the rectangle in the middle of the screen that says "ELIB is currently unavailable".

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I have turned off the TV and then turned it back on. Nothing gets rid of the message.

Answered in 1 minute by:
12/16/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What were you watching when the message came up? Were you watching cable? Is there a box? Who is your cable provider?

I was watching the Hall***** *****nel delivered to the TV from a Spectrum Cable Box

Thank you. This issue is likely a fault with the cable box processing in most cases. Please try the steps below to reboot the cable box.

1) Shut the TV off.

2) Unplug the cable box power cord for 10 seconds.

3) Plug it back in and give it a couple minutes to start rebooting.

4) Turn the TV on and see what appears on the screen.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps.

Were you able tor try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

I was watching the Hall***** *****nel delivered to the TV from a Spectrum Cable BoxI just tried hooking the HDMI cable to my ROKU - The problem is NOT with the TV - It is with Spectrum Box. I will follow your directions and get back to in about 5 minutes

Right! It's with the Spectrum box- that's a message generated by the box like I said above. Let me know what happens.

Are you still having the same problem?

Aric, Technician
I was watching the Hall***** *****nel delivered to the TV from a Spectrum Cable BoxI just tried hooking the HDMI cable to my ROKU - The problem is NOT with the TV - It is with Spectrum Box. I will follow your directions and get back to in about 5 minutesI followed your directions. SUCCESS! Thank you very much. I will follow this up with Spectrum!

Excellent! You're very welcome. Before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician