TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have an élan system. TV has sound, no picture. Red light…

Customer Question
We have an élan...

We have an élan system. TV has sound, no picture. Red light on at the bottom center of the screen. What is wrong?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

I don't know, it is mounted on a wall. Was here when we moved into the house. TV worked earlier today.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No, other élan tv's in the house are working

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not know.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/15/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you.
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website .
That being said , a few questions coming up
Please let me know when ready to proceed ,send me a hello .
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?

hello
TV is mounted on the wall, I am not sure I can get the model number
It is a Sony flat screen connected to an Elan system

Can you see the tv`s own menu ?

The screen is black.

So you can`t see its own menu either , is that correct ?

How old is this tv ?

I am not sure what you mean by "TV's own menu" -- it is on a samsung tablet, yes the name of the room where the TV is located shows up
The TV cannot be that old, the previous owners moved in when it was new and only lived here 3 years

Now thats me that do not follow you with that tablet

That tv has a remote yes ?

It has a button called MENU or perhaps HOME ?

What happens when you press it , can you see the menu ?

The tv`s own menu that is ??

is this over?
TV does not have a standard remote, it has a Samsung tablet. We connect to it thru an élan app on the tablet
I cannot believe I was charged $36 for this