TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I'm attempting to install an analog antenna to my sharp

I'm attempting to install...

I'm attempting to install an analog antenna to my sharp aquos with no luck. I can switch the input from hdmi to TV and it will switch to a snow screen but the Teri antenna does not seem to picking up the local analog channels. Any thoughts on the correct settings thr TV should be on?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Aquos?

Maybe 4 to 5 yrs

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No works fine on hdmi4 where I use internet services

12/15/2017
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

It could be a serial, please find the model number nearby

The only other number I see is LC60LE632U

Yes, thats the TV model number

Have you tried to run channel scan option in TV menu?

I ran the TV channel scan

OK, please go to Menu then Initial Setup then select EZ Setup and select Antenna & Cable/STB option then select Air/Cable option and choose Air then run Channel Search.

Do you get any channels on TV now?

It's running now

OK, you mean channel search is running now?

correct .... almost completed

OK, take your time and reply back with the result

Ok. Getting message saying: antenna/cable not hooked up
Said no channels located
I'm thinking this antenna is not working as advertised

Sorry to hear that, it is either antenna is bad (antenna pin/ cord is broken or its not plugged in correctly into TV) OR the tuner box is defective in TV so unable to process channel signals via an antenna.

Please confirm/ verify the antenna by hooking it another TV, if it works with other TV that means the tuner box inside this Sharp TV is defective and will be replaced to resolve the problem.

Ok thanks

Much welcome, if Tuner found bad in TV then an alternate option is to get 'digital to analog TV converter' device that would be available in nearest stores and has builtin tuner box, connect that device into TV and plug the antenna into that device to get all locally available channels on this TV. This way you won't need to take the TV in for repair and several converter devices would be available from $30 to $80

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid, Technician