TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have Vizio TVs models VX32L and VX37L. I want to wall

Customer Question
I have Vizio TVs...

I have Vizio TVs models VX32L and VX37L. I want to wall mount them using a rotating mount. What should Ilook for?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your VX32L?

Built in 2007

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It works. I just need guidance on what type of wall mounts to buy for both TVs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your VX32L? What happened right before this?

It has not been an issue because I never wall-mounted either TV. I now want to wall-mount both

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/15/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

There's really nothing to be worried about on this. All that's needed is to select an "articulating wall mount" and make sure your size set falls in the range they spec on the box (for example: "For TV's between 32-47" is common). These Vizio's use universal VESA pattern screw holes, and the mounts will also have a variety of screw hole options, screw sizes and spacers (if needed). I can point you to a link to a good quality mount I've used several times in the past with good results.

The unit at the link below is tough to beat for $20 (it's a buyout), and I've used this company hundreds of times since 2001:

https://www.parts-express.com/universal-articulating-tv-wall-mount-37-55--189-303?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla

Their mount that I normally use is at the following link for $45- but I see no reason to not purchase the one for $20 as it would be of comparable quality. Note: Both mounts will fit your Vizio sets, and they both not only swivel side to side- but can also be pushed in close to flat against the wall (3" out from the wall), or can extend further than a foot away from the wall for the swivel to have a better effect:

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-shadow-mount-am5516-articulating-tv-wall-mount-150-lb-capacity--182-327?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla

Do you need further assistance with this?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?