TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I updated my computer to windows 10. a message on my Samsung…

Customer Question
I updated my computer...

I updated my computer to windows 10. a message on my Samsung 64" plasma is now asking me to change device resolution. what resolution do i need?

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

Purchased new in 2015

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Ill check other devices (model says PN64F)

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

Computer update to windows 10 started the issue. DVD and cable work as still

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Tv menu works

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/15/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

You'll want to have your computer resolution set to 1920x1080, typically with a 59 or 60hz refresh rate.

Let me know if that works for you.

Don’t know how to set refresh rate but the resolution was set to 1920 1080

That should work then, you may want to try a different hdmi port.

Ok I might have been wrong on this now the resolution says 1366 768 and no option to go to 1920 1080
Do you see an option for 1024x768?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.