TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a full HD smart TV manufactured in 2012, it is a

Customer Question
Samsung 40inch smart tv Model...
I have a full HD smart TV manufactured in 2012, it is a Samsung 40inch smart tv Model no. UN40EH5300F and a Samsung s8 phone
I downloaded the Samsung casting app on my phone and on the tv to be able to cast from my phone to the tv.
the tv shows it is connected to the phone but the video is not playing. it keep saying loading on my phone, and on the tv but nothing happens.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
12/15/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer
Hi, try force-closing all apps that are open on the phone then restart the phone and try again. Let me know if that works?
it does not work...
What version of Android is installer on your Phone?
Which version of the app are you using?
Have s5 and s8S5 v6.0.1
App just downloaded,so latest version

Ok, next try restarting your wifi router and let me know if that works?

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Not resolved. On travel

Ok, you can reply back when you return and we can continue.

TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 month ago

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.

Is this issue now resolved?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi pete, issue not resolved.using a Samsung S5 v6.0.1(previously I have said S8, which I do, but would like to use the old S5 for streaming) with Samsung TV cast app downloaded v.2.21.248.
The TV is full HD smart TV manufactured in 2012, it is a Samsung 40inch smart tv Model no. UN40EH5300F
I was able to connect through IP, but still not able to stream from phone to TV.
is there a step by step guide to make this streaming finally happen?

Please confirm if you have tried restarting the wifi router?

Here is the guide to mirroring (casting) from your phone to the TV:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/what-is-screen-mirroring-and-how-do-i-use-it-with-my-samsung-tv-and-samsung-mobile-device/

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
dude, we're turning in circles.
this link if for devices 2013 and newer. mine is 2012.
you had me download tv cast, on the tv and phone but wasn't able to connect.
let's continue from here...do you have a step by step for this one?

Here is the guide to setting up the LG TV Cast app:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOSNAbZYHHQ

Hi, just following up on your question - did my answer help?

If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
unfortunately not. The video shows how to connect to the tv. my problem is that I am able to connect but there is no streaming. it just freezes.

What connection speed are you getting?

TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 23 days ago

Do you still need help with this?

Pete, Electronic Engineer