TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

SAMSUNG Smart TV Model UN46EH5300F - Picture and sound

Customer Question
powers on. After a...
SAMSUNG Smart TV Model UN46EH5300F - Picture and sound powers on. After a minute or so, picture goes black for a few seconds, picture returns for a few seconds, then off/on forever.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/15/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 6 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I am at work and will have to try that when I get home.

Thank you

I will mark the question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Still the same. Screen stays good for a couple minutes, off on, then screen goes dark. Can still see a dark picture.

When it goes off, is the standby light still showing?

Responds to on/off from Remote Control. Still a very dark image still showing on screen. Some component maybe going bad when it reaches operating temperature?

yes, it is pointing to faulting capacitors on the Tcon board, but to be sure, if you press the menu button on the TV remote, how does the menu look?

I will check Tuesday evening. Wife having surgery tomorrow and I am busy with truck and trailer loading computer gear to deliver in Fort Worth, TX on Wednesday. Sorry for the delays.

Of course and I wish you and your Wife the best

Replaced TCON board with one advertised as NEW. Same problem.
Menu goes dark with dark picture behind it. Standby light goes off when initial picture comes on and stays off until I turn TV off with remote and then comes back on in standby mode.