TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an older den on receiver and recently upgraded to a…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older den on receiver and recently upgraded to a new xfinity cable box. The old cable box connects to the den on receiver with a component connector, but this cable box had only hdmi. I connected the box to the receiver with hdmi but cannot get the signal to the TV which is connected to the den on receiver with a component connection. How do I get the signal to the TV?

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Xfinity?

No

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

My internet connection is fine as is the xfinity cable box. The cable box works on other TVs.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
12/15/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 5 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the "...den on receiver...new xfinity cable box...TV..."

The den on receiver model no is AVR891
I mean to say Dennon receiver

And the model numbers of the "...new xfinity cable box...TV..."?

I don’t want a call Pls just answer my question.

Thank you for your kind understanding of automated-systems / machine-generated followups, ads and offers.

As inquired above; ...the model numbers of the "...new xfinity cable box...TV..."?

The xfinity cable box model number is *****
The cable box works off of a dvr that is working
The cable box works on another tv.
The problem is probably the settings on the Dennon receiver.

I was hoping to know likewise the TV's model number.

It is not a setting concern on the Denon AVR-891.

It is a design limitation issue. IF video is fed into this Denon model by HDMI, THEN it would only output video from its HDMI MONITOR OUT.

It will not work with HDMI in and COMPONENT out.

Please click HERE. This is the video flow of a Denon AVR-891.

Note that Component Video Output will only accept inputs from Component, S-Video and Composite.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news

Hi again and Happy Holidays!

Is further assistance / information still needed with this?

Louie, Technician