TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Trying to hook up Roku on Sony Bravia kdl46v3000. Roku3 and…

Customer Question
Trying to hook up...

Trying to hook up Roku on Sony Bravia kdl46v3000

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

Roku3 and Roku stick

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Hooked both to both hdmis and Roku won't start up. TV recognizes its hooked up

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/15/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When you try to view the Roku on the TV, what exactly do you see?

Please let me know

Thank you

Black screen with HDMI1 OR 2 at top left and player 1 (Roku) top center. Other than that black screen and Roku White light flashing.. Both Rokus

Thank you

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results

Thank you

Can't call now. Not at home. Just got to work. Is this saying that if we talk on the phone that's an additional 26 box on top of the 28?

yes but it is optional

Ok saw your message. I will that this afternoon when I get home from work. Thank you

Thank you

Did exactly what you said and no change. On hdmi2 Roku plugged in. Screen says player 1 Roku but that's it. No Roku boot
No change from last night
Are you still helping me? Surely can't rate you yet.. Nothing has happened.
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago

Hi there

Sorry it was a few days before you replied and I was not online.

You say you have the Roku3 and Roku stick

Are you saying you have the issue on this TV with both units?

Please let me know

both units on both HDMI ports. Same

Thanks

If you connect a DVD player or another device to the TV, does that work?

I'll try. Had a DirecTV hooked but to composite. I'll try to hook something to HDMI tonight when I get home

Thanks, ***** ***** know if the HDMI port is at fault here

Seems weird that both would be bad. They did both recognize the Roku since they identified it by name on the screen so there is communication

Yes, hence why I believe it points to the HDMI ports on the TV or mainboard on the TV that controls the ports.

10-4. Get back with you tonight

Thank you