TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I am trying to connect my Bose soundbar to my insignia tv. I…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to connect my Bose soundbar to my insignia tv. I have lost both usere manuals

Technician's Assistant: What Bose model do you have?

Bose Solo 5 tv soundbar

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

Connecting the tv audio out cable to the soundbar

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
12/15/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me the mode number from the back of the tv?
When you say audio out, do you mean the red/white cords?

NS-LTDVD 26-09
YES I MEANT THE RED/WHTE CORDS BECAUSE I COULDN'T FIND THE COAXIAL CABLE PORT ON THE TV.
I am fine with typing instead of a phone call

Thank you for the info,

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

The red/white port won't work, that is only functional if you're using the tv with only an antenna, if you have anything else connected such as a cable box via hdmi, it won't output any sound via the analog connections

The connection to use here is the coaxial digital audio out,

that is on the back of the insignia, just to the left of the red audio out port, it is labeled as coaxial, and is color coded black or orange, but is still an rca style plug.

Connect that to the matching digital coax port on the soundbar.

If it still doesn't work right away, you'll also need to go into the insignia menu under Audio and then to SPDIF type and set that to PCM.

Let me know if that works for you please.

Thank you,

lET ME TRY IT AND I'll get back to you in a few minutes. Didn't work yet so I going to the Insignia settingsI tried switching the insignia settings and it reset the remote so it isn't working so now I can't get into anything. I am trying the insignia remote now to see if I can reset the remote so it works.

This is an insignia setting and can only be changed with the tv remote, a cable/satellite remote won't work for this.

Now the remote isn't responding at all to anything I must have reset it somehow. I can't get to direct tv or anything. I am jut going to turn it off and deal with this in the morning.I need to call direct tv and see how to reset the remote

Okay, but again the functions I'm mentioning all have to be done with the insignia remote as that is a tv setting,

you should be able to access the tv menus regardless of the status of the dtv remote.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Installer