TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It won’t connect to the internet and randomly restarts

Customer Question
It won’t connect to...

It won’t connect to the internet and randomly restarts itself

Technician's Assistant: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

My smart hub won’t work either...the tv itself notices my wi-if but not the internet

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Yes, the internet works on my phone and computer, just not the tv.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that it keeps restarting

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/15/2017
TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Okay, thank you!!!
TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the model number of the TV?

Sorry, is there anywhere I can find that?
I know its LED
Model Code :UN40H5203
TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

Could you please tell me what is the distance between the TV and wifi modem/router?

They are right next to each other... maybe 3 inches.
TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

Have you tried connecting the TV to the WiFi Modem/Router using hardwired(Ethernet)? The reason why I am asking is we can check whether the problem is only with the WiFi setting or internet settings.

Okay, I will try that. But the tv is saying that it recognizes my wi-fi.
TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

I understand sometime in the wifi connection the internet may drops if there is any interference occurred. If you are trying to connect the TV to the modem using Ethernet, Connect the cable and follow the step in the TV

1. Press the Home button on your Samsung Smart Control, to access the Home Screen.

2. Using the directional pad on your remote, navigate to and select Settings.

3. Select Network.

4. Select Open Network Settings.

5. Select Wired.

6. Your TV is now connected to the Internet. Select OK to finish.

​If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Hi, so the internet connected! But it is still restarting...
TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

My apologies for the delay in getting you an appropriate response.

Can you tell me how often the tv is restarting itself?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.