TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The top right of the tv is darker lighting. It's a faint…

Customer Question
The top right of...

The top right of the tv is darker lighting

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

No

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It's a faint line where I can see it's darker

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/15/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
If you seem to lose me refresh your browser (F5 key )
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Ok hello

Hi

If you open the TV's own menu , does it show up normal or is also affected by this ?

The menu comes up but you can still see a faint horizontal line where the screen is darker at the top half

O.k then I`m afraid this is not good , you have 2 signs here , the dark corner and horizontal line , please give me a minute to type this down

The corner itself is not dark its just a darker quadrant of the tv starting from a horizontal line
The image is still visible, just slightly darker

Same diagnostic any way , that line is still there

This is a LCD/LED tv and i`m afraid that there is only one possible cause for a problem like this and that is a defective LCD panel .
Anytime you have horizontal lines , shadows(dark area) or blobs /spots etc. on a lcd tv and it shows no matter what is on the screen including the menu then it is a sure sign of a defective panel.
As a rule of thumb the LCD panel cost around 80% of the original cost of the tv and then it has to be stripped down and rebuilt around the new panel and then again that is if you can find a new panel.
When under warranty most companies will replace the tv , not the panel.
Sorry to say but this makes the tv practically un-repairable due to the high cost and again that is even if you could find a replacement panel

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news today but i`d rather tell you straight and spare you a waste of time and money

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post while it gets me paid for my time helping you .

Any questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician