TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

IT IS MY DELL W4200 PLASMA TV IT IS GETTING TO WHERE IT IS…

IT IS MY DELL...

IT IS MY DELL W4200 PLASMA TV IT IS GETTING TO WHERE IT IS HAVING A HARD TIME POWERING UP ANY SUGGESTIONS

Technician's Assistant: How old is your W4200?

13 YEARS

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I HAVE TO KEEP UNPLUGING IT UNTIL I FINALLY GET IT POWERED UP

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your W4200? What happened right before this?

ABOUT A WEEK JUST STARTED HAPPENING

12/15/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

When the set does not power up right away, does it make any click sounds, or does the power light start blinking?

It makes a click sound

Thank you. That click is a relay on the power board, and generally takes longer to power up when the Mainboard turn on command is starting to fail (which is caused by the EEPROM). That said, there aren't any pushbutton fixes for this as you likely surmised. Are you looking to repair this yourself or are you looking to see how much this would cost to repair at a shop?

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on. Also note that any offers for subscriptions or promotions are NOT something I am privy to. I am an independent tech and am only paid with a positive rating for my service.

That click is a relay on the power board, and generally takes longer to power up when the Mainboard turn on command is starting to fail (which is caused by the EEPROM). That said, there aren't any pushbutton fixes for this as you likely surmised. Are you looking to repair this yourself or are you looking to see how much this would cost to repair at a shop?

Are you still there? Do you need assistance with this?

Aric, Technician
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started

Thank you.

Unfortunately this indicates the set's Mainboard is failing and needs to be replaced. This is a "plug and play" part- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it. Only a screwdriver and about a half hour of your time. That part can be purchased for your set at the link below:

https://gopartserv.com/products/00-v0801-00a-ce-80v08-100-dell-main-board-w4200hd?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=12916267588&gclid=Cj0KCQiA38jRBRCQARIsACEqIespFY5XuBhxQ_8ULudmTtmKAoVQwuzKCXtQ8w2SvGsvvi8Fompvi4YaAgr7EALw_wcB

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with this type of work, then at a shop this is $200-$250 parts and labor, and if you'd like to inquire on repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area if you'd like:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.