TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Lg model 55lb5550-uy 55inch tv screen is black and

Customer Question
flickering the picture on and...
lg model 55lb5550-uy 55inch tv screen is black and flickering the picture on and off even on the menu.I replaced the the back lights as recommended, and yes there were 3 LED"d burn, but the flickering continued, than i replaced the power board and still flickering, any suggestions ?Thank you.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 2 days by:
12/17/2017
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do.
Can we set up time for tomorrow if posible.
Thank you for your reply.
JA

Yes, reply here when you are free.

At 3:00pm MT if you can or at 6:30pm

Reply back when you are free and if I am not available, another expert will be.

Harry,
Are you available now?

Unfortunately, I am not available but you can send a phone call request if you wish and another expert can help if they are

Can we try tomorrow then?

Sure

A live phone call will cost me another $26 on top of the first fee?

Yes

Can you help me now please

When are you available tomorrow?

Any time between 3:00pm and 5:00pm

OK

Harry are you available now?
Could you please let me know when can you help me?
Harry are you available now?

I will be available on Dec 26th

Harry are you available now?
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago

Not until the 29th unfortunately.

what time?

I will be available from 3-6pm EST but it can change. I apologize for the difficult time of us getting together on this.

It might be easiest to have someone come out locally to take a look at the TV as well

I have requested other technician to help me, not heard any response. Please can you respond.
lg model 55lb5550-uy 55inch tv screen is black and flickering the picture on and off even on the menu.I replaced the the back lights as recommended, and yes there were 3 LED"d burn, but the flickering continued, than i replaced the power board and still flickering, any suggestions ?
I have already made the payment.
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 6 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Different expert here. I'm Dan, and I'm just checking to see if you still need help with this.

Thank you Dan, when can you help me?

I work from home when I can, so you and I might not be on the same "schedule" however I can still help.

I see you have a 55lb5550 that is flickering on all inputs, as well as the menu. I need the part number of the items you've already replaced, please.

LG 6916L-2232A/6916L-2233A Replacement LED Backlight Strips (10) 55LF6000-UB
LG EAY63072101 Power Supply / LED Board
From shopjimmy.com
Dan,
I will be home all next week.

OK, I've gone over all the service data on this unit and my own personal notes. Since you've already replaced the power supply and LED strips, there are only 3 other possible issues:

1-The display panel could be defective (highly unlikely). Probably not worth discussing because it's very rare and would be cost prohibitive to replace.

2-The main board could be defective (possible). You could do a repair & return >>here<< or you can wait for >>these guys<< to get more in stock. I can't find them available from another reputable seller. You could check eBay if you're comfortable with that.

3-The EEPROM on that main board could also be bad (most probable). Replacing the EEPROM would preclude having to do the whole board. You can get the IC >>here<< for $15.

If this was my TV, I would replace the EEPROM. If that didn't work, move on to the main board.

Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.

Dan, I order the EEPROM will work this week end.

OK sounds good!