TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Toshiba smart tv seems to be incompatible with Amazon

Toshiba smart tv seems...

Toshiba smart tv seems to be incompatible with Amazon Movies

Technician's Assistant: What Toshiba model do you have? How old is it?

Just got it...55U5766DB 4K ULTRA HD LE

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Munu seems ok..I have it on Wi-Fi and Netflix works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Toshiba? What happened right before this?

I only set it up last night so first time trying Amazon

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I saw on google that I needed to /download an Amazon app for Smart Tv, buth I can't find it...

12/14/2017
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Unfortunately that is not an available option on this tv.

Toshiba does not have a marketing agreement with amazon to license their content on their tvs. For that reason, the amazon instant video app is not available, and cannot be downloaded or installed to the tv, you are limited to the few basic apps that are included on the tv at the time of purchase.

The best way to get additional content is through an external device such as an amazon firetv (click for link to view/buy), which will connect to the tv via hdmi just like your cable box or dvd player would and will give you access to hundreds more apps with better speed and performance as well.

My apologies for the news,

Nathan, Installer
Ok...Thanks anyway

You're very welcome!