TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When I try to turn it on, ssthe red light turns blue & then…

Customer Question
When I try to...

When I try to turn it on, ssthe red light turns blue & then turns back to red.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Westinghiuse moel #EW32S5KW. About 5 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Is the menu on the remote?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Westinghouse? What happened right before this?

It worked fine until we turned it off last night. At about 1:30 this a.m., I tried to turn it on but it wouldn't turn on. The red light turns to blue, then back to red, Sometimes there is a quick flash of light on the screen before the light goes back to red.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/14/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 8 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I will unplug for ten minutes.

Sure, please take your time

OK, it's connected to power source again.
Are you there?
Westinghouse sucks.

Sorry for delayed reply, I was away from computer

It seems you replugged the TV after couple of minutes, please try it full 10 minutes