TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

There is a message to "Check Fan #1" on the screen. Still…

Customer Question
There is a message...

There is a message to "Check Fan #1" on the screen. Still have picture and volume, but unsure what's next.

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Let me double check.

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

RCA No message until this morning when we cut the tv on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just that.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/14/2017
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your RCA fan question.
Cooling fans are vital to the condition and operating of your RCA electronic device. If one is not running, it will shorten the life of your device.

Check fan grilles on the sides and back of your TV (I'm not sure what model it is. Let me know, please.) If one fan grille is blowing air, and another one isn't, the grille or vent where there is no air current that you can feel, is more or less where the faulty fan is located.

Replacing that fan will require disassembly of the device a bit, and if it is a wall-mounted model, dismounting it from the wall would be required too, obviously.

Would you wish to do this work yourself, or to have it done for you? (If the device is fairly new, you might get it done for you by the store, or under warranty - let me know how old the device is, and how recently you bought it.)

Model HL-T6156W, had for about 10 years. Did not feel any air movement on the back, guessing hat is were the vent is. Prefer not to work on myself.
I don't want to spend extra money if it will take a tech coming in and charging more. If you think it could be something simple we can talk, otherwise I need a in house tech. No disrespect to you but I am on limited income and trying to save where I can.
Never mind, I will just call a local tech.

I think you will need an in-house tech - the problem is interior to the device, which is out of warranty. Getting a local tech would do... I comprehend your priorities. However, do you need any help finding a local tech? If so, I can provide listings and contact information if you like - just Reply telling me your local zip code, if you would like such listings.