TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Remote will not access the displays to go to Netflix,

Customer Question
Remote will not access...

Remote will not access the displays to go to Netflix, amazon, etc.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

LG41UH6100

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No, and no, not to my knowledge, was working previously...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really...

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
It is the launch bar that does not display, as well as the volume level numbers, though the remote does turn tv on and off as as well as volume up and down, though no longer w display
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/14/2017
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Problem remains
Are you sending a written response ? I am on the east coast, late now, may have to try to resolve tomorrow...

Does the remote work for other functions such as volume or channel?

Works for turn on and volume, without the volume display. Will not change channels, but I use cabe remote for that. The LG remote I use to access launch bar for Netflix, this is not working. Cable remote "mute" no longer works, nor volume display, though it still works for volume.
Prefer to try to fix without additional $26 call... Can we do this ?
Are you saying we can only progress this with another $26 for a call ? Would rather try by messaging, and if that does not work, do a call. If we have to do a call, is the call amount also refunded if the remote is not fixed ?
Seems I should move on to another expert or request a refund, yes ?
Ok