TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We just got a new 4K smart tv and are now having issues with…

Customer Question
We just got a...

We just got a new 4K smart tv and are now having issues with our blu Ray player. The player will play audio and video with the previews on a Blu-ray disc and a video only when we start the movie, but no audio. DVDs are not having any issue. What could the problem be?

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

The Sony Blu-ray home screen shows

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

The power source is plugged into the outlet but the media content goes to the TV The power source is plugged into the outlet but the media content goes to the TV

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

That’s all I can think of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/14/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 6 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Can you please get me the model number of the blu-ray found on the back of the unit please?

Anthony

Model #BDP-BX350

OK just give me 5 mins now thanks

That would be more efficient, but I don’t want to pay another fee. Sorry.

Messages are sent by the site not me just ignore if you do not want

1. Turn on the television and make sure it is tuned to the inputs to which the Blu-ray Disc player is connected.
  2. Turn on the Blu-ray Disc player.
  3. If the Blu-ray Disc player starts to play a disc, press the STOP button and wait until the Home Screen menu is displayed on the television before proceeding.
  4. Use the arrow buttons on the remote control to select Setup, then System Settings, and then press the ENTER button.
  5. Use the arrow buttons to select System Information, and then press the ENTER button.
  6. The firmware version currently installed on the Blu-ray Disc player will be listed on the television screen.

Please let me know the current version of firmware you have please

Anthony

I see software version. That is M24.R.0151

You need to upgrade the software its way behind now i am not sure if there is an auto-update feature with this machine that may be switched off if so switch it ON,if no success thee youwill need to upgrade manually

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=BDPBX350&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/downloadTab

Click the above link follow the route to the tab for software and drivers

Let me know how this works out please

Ok, I’m working on it

OK

Im updating the software now. It’s at 20%...

OK do not interrupt it thanks

It finished and we put a Blu ray disc in, and now it has a ? On the menu over the disc icon. It won’t play
Regular dvd is playing fine though

OK try a reboot,unplug from wallpower wait 5 mins replug back in again

Now it is better, but I’m still having the same issue as before. Sound works on the disc except when the movie is playing.
But another blu Ray disc (Skyfall) shows the ? On the disc icon, but not Tower Heist.
Can you check the firmware again .....you are in the us with the unit?
I am. California
I checked the firmware and I updated
It’s updated

That is odd then please get back to me later as I need to speak with someone on this

Concentrating on the sound first I think you may not have it connected correctly please check using this bulletin

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36970/c/65,66/p/47329,47564,95498/ <click