TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

2009 Panasonic TC-P54S1 Plasma tv is now taking 30 secs to 1…

Customer Question
2009 Panasonic TC-P54S1 Plasma...

2009 Panasonic TC-P54S1 Plasma tv is now taking 30 secs to 1 - 1/2 min to come on. Is the tv going out?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your TC-P54S1?

Believe I bought it in 2009

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Everything works and is a beautiful picture(sound has never been too good). Just started taking longer to come on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

We just returned from a two week vacation and it has started being very slow. We live at 7500 ft.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/13/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

I was only supposed to pay a fully refundable $5, now the email says $36 --what gives? I do not want to pay $36.
No phone call. I want all my money back now. This is a scam.
I am not satisfied, and I have received no answer. I want all my money back.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

We are all licensed experts here, and we charge a fair price for service. 5$ is not the price, only the initial deposit, you agreed to the full amount on the payment page. Rationally you can’t expect highly trained and licensed service professionals to work for $5 or less.

This is not a scam, this is a legitimate paid support site and BBB A+ rated, helping thousands of people with tech questions each day. There is no free help anywhere for a tv this age and to have a repair tech out will cost you a minimum of $125 for the exact same info I'd give you.

Do you wish to continue?

I did not agree to the full amount and I am not satisfied with the service. I want my money back. I have received no information from any tech.

I was in the process of responding to you,

we're all live techs here, so it takes a few moments to type out a detailed answer which I could not complete as I needed to address your other comments regarding the cost.

I can help under the fees you've already paid if you'd like help.

Otherwise you may self manage any billing matters from the help page.

No Nathan, not one word was said about any other charge. I would not have agreed to any other charge. I want my money back.
no info has been sent to me about the TV.