TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Toshiba 20hlv86 tv combo. My cleaning lady must…

Customer Question
I have a Toshiba...

I have a Toshiba 20hlv86 tv combo. My cleaning lady must have changed some setting. Right now, with my remote control, I can power on/off tv but I can not switch channels when in the HDMI mode. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: Are there buttons on the side, bottom, or back of your 20HLV86?

I have buttons on Top of the unit.

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

Not any When I press Volume button RC, the STB button lights up.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that no problems prior to this. Accessing local cable service.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/13/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

I need to ask for some more info- first- is it a cable provider remote you're referring to (Comcast, Charter, etc.)? Also who is your cable provider?

Please view my reply and send one back to proceed.

The cable service is thru a local telco.

That's only part of what I'm asking. I'm asking if you have two remotes- a Cable provided remote, and the original Toshiba remote please?

I'm not available by phone- the website sends that offer without my consent. I'm going to post some steps for you to follow- please stay with me on this page.

Before we do that- I have two questions:

1) Is the screen displaying a channel at all right now?

2) Do you have the original Toshiba remote AS WELL AS a cable remote?

I use only the one Toshiba remote
there is a live channel on now

That doesn't make sense if you're in the HDMI mode. WHAT is on your screen right now?

TBS cable channel

If you're in HDMI mode then there is absolutely no way you could change channels with your Toshiba remote. HDMI means a cable box is connected to the HDMI port on the TV and that a cable remote is used for changing channels. So some of the info doesn't line up....

So, to confirm:

1) The TV is definitely in the HDMI mode right now?

2) There is NO cable box connected to the TV?

3) You do not have a cable remote anywhere?

There is a modem connected to the TV. I am using only the one remote control now.

I'm sorry but you're not providing any of the info asked. I will opt out now.

TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Louie, Technician