TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a philips tv with the following model number

Hi there, I have...

Hi there, I have a philips tv with the following model number 23PF9945/12A. I am looking to purchase the IR circuit board . Do you know where I can purchase one of these or can I purchase one from you?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 23PF9945?

Im not sure, maybe 12-14 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Nothing works it does not respond to any remote commands

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I have tested the remote and can see an IR light with my phone

Answered in 1 minute by:
12/13/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
If you seem to lose me refresh your browser (F5 key )
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Hi, Im still here
Sorry I would prefer to type, I am living in Ireland and I also have a very sore throat at the minute

If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those
They are optional and you can just decline if you don`t want them

OK thank you

Just saw that you are in ireland yes and that won`t help finding that part

How did you figure the remote sensor was at fault here

Im just guessing
Im not really sure if this is the case

OK and have you tested its remote control ?

the remote works, I have tested it through a phone and can clearly see the IR light

That type of failure in Philips tv is quite rare by the way

Can you still operate it manually

everything works fine operating manually
Maybe it is not the IR board, its just I brought the tv to somebody for repair and it would be cheaper to buy a new tv so I thought I would just give it a go

Do you have the tv opened and the sensor removed ?

I may have something but you would have compare it

It was mainly some research on the net that brought me to this conclusion - Do you think something else could be at fault
I have it open and I have the sensor in my hand
Thank you, ***** ***** does not look like this

I can also tell you that 99% of the time the problem is the sensor itself , that little red eye and even if that one is not the same , if you can remove it and install on yours

I have done this quite often

Otherwise I can`t seem to find anything on this model beside the main board ,sorry

Is there any way I can attach a photo?

Do you have a part # directly on that small board , that would be better than a photo

I do 313918728911

Its in French , use google translator

Thanks for that, but sorry no it does not look like that either
Well actually I guess it does look like that, its just one of the LEDs is much larger and one of the LEDs is much smaller

Well that board has the number you gave me though

but at the bottom of my board it states 8Z00 0432

There is only one sensor there its the 3 legged part in the middle , the others are capacitors and they don`t have to look the same

The connector , does it look the same ?

And as I said above at worse you can swap the sensor onto your board

The connector looks the same the 2 capacitors look the same the sensor however looks different

Yours has 3 legs , correct ?

This one doesn`t have to look the same either , I`m sure it does the same job

I have swapped sensors myself from totally different brand and looks and it works the same

Some of them have 3 legs and some 4 , that is where the difference is

there are 3 legs on mine
Do you think this will work?

I am confident it will yes , only thing is that this sensor is in montreal Canada

I see, Maybe they will post!
I guess there is nothing more you can do

If I were you I would go to repair shops and ask them for that 3 legged sensor form their scrap heap , all shops have chassis from TV's left behind

That is pretty much it from where I`m sitting yes

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Ah ok and you say any sensor will work?
How do I replace the sensor, is that difficult?

You will need a solder iron and some solder

It has only 3 legs and yes if you can find one pretty much the same shape then it will work

Ah I see, thank you very much, I may try that
Thank you for your help

Or ask them to replace it for you , can`t cost much more that 20 bucks , no sure in euro

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.
And note this post will stay open to further conversation if needed.

Jack
Jack, Technician
That is perfect, Thank you. All the best

Thank you

If you cant find the rating system (stars at the top and SUBMIT ) then you can do it verbally here by saying like " I rate " excellent/good service

never mind the last posting

Got it now

Thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician