TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When tv is on I see the words being posted when they speak.

Customer Question
When tv is on...

When tv is on I see the words being posted when they speak .

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsum 7 series

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

All soureces

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

This happen yesterday when I was adjusting settings

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/13/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
If you seem to lose me refresh your browser (F5 key )

Do you have a cable or satellite remote ?

satellite remote

OK then first , what you have is the closed captions

You could try to reboot the satellite bx by pulling out its power cord but also look on the remote to see if there is a CC button , if so press it to turn that off

Also , who is your supplier , dish or direct tv ?

Are you still with me here ?

I don`t know if you`re waiting for something but i can see you coming around and if you need help with this then now would be a good time

I have Directv

OK then give me a minute to type this down , there are various procedures

CC direct tv ;
While watching a live TV program, press the YELLOW button on your remote.
You'll see an option for DIRECTV Subtitling.
Use the arrow button to highlight it, then press Select to turn on/off

Or

On your DIRECTV remote, press INFO.
On the screen, select CC.
Select DIRECTV Subtitles.
Let me know how that goes

I'm using a Samsung remote

You said you had a direct tv remote , why are you using a samsung remote , its the satellite receiver that has the captions

the directv remote is not working it locked up , switched to Samsung remote. It also is programed to set.

You need to use the direct tv remote ,

What do you mean its locked ???

Press the SAT or SATELLITE button at the top and try it again , you wont do this with the samsung remote

If you can`t get the direct tv remote to work then have it replaced