TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It wont power on. It might not have been that ....let me try…

Customer Question
It wont power on ...

It wont power on

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

It might not have been that long....let me try again

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/13/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off the back of your TV and how old is it?

WD55UT4490. It is 1 year old

Just under or just over one year old please? Also are there ANY signs of life on the set (power light lit or blinking, etc.)?

I got it on Black Friday last year. There are no signs of life.....I fell asleep with it on last night. Everything else plugged into the power strip is fine. I tried plugging straight to the wall outlet as well.
are you there?
I'm sorry, in having internet problems and will have to opt out.
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help but need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Does power indicator light on TV turn On solid or blink when press power button?

it doesnt do anything. no light at all

OK, unfortunately, it is hardware related failure on TV and there are two suspected circuit boards, either power supply board or main board is defective and causing the problem. Sorry for this news.

It needs further troubleshooting with a multimeter to check standby volts on power supply board, if volts are available then main board is bad. If standby volts are not available then replace power supply board to fix the problem.

Please click the following link to view required boards image and price info if you have a plan to work on it yourself...

http://www.shopjimmy.com/westinghouse/wd55ut4490

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?