TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Insigina Television was working perfectly then It could…

Customer Question
My Insigina Television was...

My Insigina Television was working perfectly then It could not work with bu turning on and off from the Remote starting turning it off manually and it worked for a while and then I could not comtrol it manually .

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes, I also had a repairman from Version come out and he said it was a switch inside the TV.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
12/13/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 5 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Are you able to get the model number off the back of the tv? If not:
-when did you buy the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

Model # NS-39D2209A16Screen
Sept 2015
Screen Size 34"
Do not call.

Right now, if you unplug the tv power cord for 3 minutes, plug it back in, press power button on the tv (not remote), exactly what happens?

-any relay click

-any LED on the front panel

-anything at all

I don't want you to call I can't afford it I'm a senior on a fixed income.
I need to know if I have to purchase a new TV and I'm trying to save money by calling you. We have company and this will be an inconvience.
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 5 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I see that you requested a new expert

Note that those phone offers or any offers are sent by the website and I see that you already declined one so if some more popup , just ignore them if you don`t want it

No
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 5 months ago
Nathan, Installer

I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish. There is no need to mention it further here as I have no control over that, just focus on our chat,

Please give me a few moments to send a detailed response.

The short answer: you will need to buy a new tv.

The long answer:

The issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2015 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising for this brand. These are some of the lowest quality tvs on the market. They are built to meet a certain price point, not for quality or reliability. It is completely normal and expected to see them last just a year or two at best.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

For a tv of this brand/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty, from a more reputable brand, in the same $300 range.

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,

The only thing that I get is the Red power light comes on the set and stays on and won't go off when the I push and hold the power switch.

Thank you for trying,

that does confirm that this a hardware defect then, as I mentioned above, which would require repairs. Ultimately though replacing the tv will be the most practical option.

Would you like some help with finding a repair shop or with replacement recommendations?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Installer