TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have Toshiba TV since 2011 with minimal use. It suddenly…

Customer Question
I have Toshiba TV...

I have Toshiba TV since 2011 with minimal use. It suddenly will not turn on by remote or power button on TV. I checked remote and it is giving out signal. I changed power source to different wall outlet - it is dedicated outlet, but still does not turn on.Do you have any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: Is your Toshiba TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

It was but not now.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes, but did not work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The TV had Chromcast plugged into it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/13/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Are you able to get the model number off the back of the tv? If not:
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?