TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do you change the HDMI mode? I keep getting a msg that…

Customer Question
How do you change...

How do you change the HDMI mode? I keep getting a msg that says mode not supported. I'm trying to play a DVD movie in HDMI.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

I keep getting a message that says mode not supported. I'm sure I did something to mess it up as I usually do. I'm a nincompoop when it comes to electronics and all this newfangled gadgetry that changes every second.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your media player?

I went to input to change to HDMI and it won't play because it says mode not supported. What mode. I thought there was only one kind of hdmi

Technician's Assistant: The Video Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just want to play a DVD movie

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/13/2017
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

Good morning! Do you have access to see the backside of your TV? What input did you connect your DVD player to?

Longer question: I assume you have an HDMI cable from your DVD player straight to your TV. Where it connects in the back usually has a name like HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc. Can you verify that for me?

Verifies using HDMI cable. Rca product with 5 speakers about 10 yrs old.
On your tv remote that came with the TV, do you have an input, source or TV/Video button? Make sure DVD player is on, and hit the button until you get a picture from your DVD player. Let me know if that works or what you get. You might have multiple HDMI modes so that's why you're getting that error message.