TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic TV Model TH-50DX700A. I have recently…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Panasonic TV Model TH-50DX700A. I have recently purchased some bluetooth headphones to use with the TV, however, The TV will not recognise the device (headphones) even though they are trying to connect to the TV.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your TH-50DX700A?

I purchased it in Nov 2016.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works fine - I can identify the bluetooth section but when the devices list remains empty

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your TH-50DX700A? What happened right before this?

This is the first time I have tried to connect anything except the remote by bluetooth

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats the only problem I have. The TV is great otherwise

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/13/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your Panasonic TH-50DX700A. I apologize for the wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...bluetooth headphones..."

Hi Louie, Bluetooth headphones are Sony MDR-XB650BT
Sorry Louie - no phone at the moment

Apologies for the delay; the Internet was down and back but sluggish.

I checked the specifications of the Panasonic TH-50DX700A and it would appear that:

• its Bluetooth would only work with 3D Eyewear and Touch Pad Controller; and
  • HID (Human Interface Device Profile) compliant devices such as keyboard/mouse.
  • It is not compatible with a Bluetooth headphone such as the Sony MDR-XB650BT;
  • the Panasonic TH-50DX700A is not A2DP compliant.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, it is a design limitation; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.