TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The picture keeps getting dimmer and it flickers. 34"

Customer Question
The picture keeps getting...

The picture keeps getting dimmer and it flickers

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

34" toshiba tube hd tv. I can't find a model number on it

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu doesn't flicker. Right now the only signal source is directv

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Toshiba? What happened right before this?

It started about three months ago. At first it would clear up after about 30 minutes but now it stays dim and continues to flicker

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it. sorry I can't tell you the model number but it's a really heavy tv and I can't access the back

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/13/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello
WelcomeSorry you are having issues here please reboot both the satellite or cable box and the TV by disconnecting both from wallpower wait 5 mins replug back in again let me know the results of that pleaseAnthony
I rebooted the tv and computer and I think it made it worse.
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 4 months ago

Could you please get me the model number of the set please found on the back of the set?