TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Our TV is about 7 years old. It has worked great with no…

Customer Question
Our TV is about...

Our TV is about 7 years old. It has worked great with no issues. Today it "turned" itself off with the reset button blinking green. This has happened on occasion but it blinked for several seconds then came back on. Today however it has kept blinking with no change if we held the power button in for 10 seconds, disconnected and reconnected the power source at the outlet and then at the TV. It seems as though it won't finish shutting down...light just keeps blinking green.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

MItsubishi Unisen 164. It is about 6-7 years old. It was manufactured in 2010 according to the label on the back.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

There is no picture and no visual access to the menu or anything on the screen. No audio. I have tried our TV remote and the universal remote that we have used for years with our cable box.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you.
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website .
That being said , a few questions coming up
Please let me know when ready to proceed ,send me a hello .
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Hello. I don't have a lot of time right now. Can I reconnect with you later. I have about 5-10 minutes.

Might be enough if you give me the model number now

MItsubishi Unisen 164

Thats not the model its the serie , would look something like LT-40151

LT46265,LT46249 etc.

Can I get back with you about 8:00 p.m. EST. Then I can get the information you need and call you live to speak with you
The Model is LT-55164
Serial Number is *****
Purchased September 30, 2010

No problem , just book mark this page

Ok then i`ll check that for 8 PM

The STATUS light at the front should be blinking red and yellow , give me the number of reds and yellow before it starts again , for example 2 reds followed by 7 yellow is a code 27

It is blinking green not red and yellow.

OK then is it a slow or fast blinking ?

A fast blinking green indicates either a system reset or software update and also that it may take from 45 secs to several minutes to complete

That is what you described at first

Now i have the manual here and error codes are red and yellow

Without that right now i don`t have a diagnostic but I`m giving this a 90%chance on the main board being defective

Main boards are not cheap in those tv`s and difficult to find , they have that built in surround or sound projection system

Immersive sound they call it

Well it is a fast blinking green light. We have not allowed it to blink 45 minutes or more. We unolugged it when we left the house for work. When I return for this meeting I can plug it in and let it blink during this evening. Will you be on duty until 9 or so EST.

Main board part # 934C374002

Got one here for $92 ; https://www.tvpartstoday.com/934C374002-Mitsubishi-TV-Module-main-board-p/934c374002.htm

Not 45 minutes , 45 secs to a few minutes

Got you a board there but If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

$300 is a nice deposit towards a new tv by the way , you can get a new 55" for around $500 or less

Let me know if you have any questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician